Out and About
Catch up on what's happening in and around the Crows Nest Tourist and Caravan Park
Camping with Kids at Crows Nest Tourist Park
When camping with children at Crows Nest Caravan Park, they will absolutely love cooking a delicious meal over an open fire. We have a number of camp fires set up around the caravan park for guest use or if you would prefer your own fire, take one of our fire pits back to your cabin or tent and cook in the privacy of your own space.
Please find below, three easy camp fire recipes that kids will love to make while staying with us...
1. Choc Chip Damper Camp Fire Recipe
1. Combine flour and cocoa in a bowl and stir in water until you get a doughy consistency.
2. Stir in chocolate chips, saving a small handful.
3. Knead on a floured surface until a dough ball forms, then press remaining choc chips into the top of the ball. Dust with flour.
4. Make sure dough is sealed inside three layers of foil and bury the damper in your fire's hot coals. Cover with additional coals and build fire around the damper.
5. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove damper from the fire and carefully lift the foil without ripping and check if it has a crispy crust. If the crust is still springy and doughy, cover with foil and return to fire. When the damper is looking close to being done with a crispy crust, move it to the top of the fire and let cook for 5-10 more minutes.
6. To serve, cut into quarters and eat as is, no butter required, just enjoy the oozey chocolatey goodness!
2. Loaded Cheesy Fries Camp Fire Recipe
(thanks to 'Mars Campers')
1. Drizzle some oil onto the middle of the foil, add salt, pepper and any other spices and place a portion of chips on top.
2. Use tongs to toss and coat the chips. Add whatever toppings you like but leave off any garnishes or toppings that don’t need to be cooked for later.
3. Fold the foil up into a flat packet and place on coals or use a grate for around 20–30 minutes, turning occasionally to avoid burning.
4. Carefully open your packet once the chips are nice and crispy and add any other toppings or garnishes before eating.
2. Camp Fire Apples or Pears
1. Fill the core of the apple with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
2. Wrap the apple in a large piece of foil, twisting the extra foil into a tail for a handle.
3. Place the apple in the coals of a fire and let cook 5 to 10 minutes, until softened.
Crows Nest Best Family-friendly Accommodation
There are many reasons why a camping, caravan or cabin holiday is fantastic for families for young children, especially if the park has excellent onsite facilities! Crows Nest Caravan Park accommodation have the onsite features needed for a relaxed, easy and safe family holiday.
On site facilities can make the world of difference when holidaying with young kids.
Our caravan park guests can make use of the camp kitchen for fussy eaters or enjoy delicious Latin American meal at our new café, ‘The Hidden Cocina’. There is also a fantastic IGA store, butcher, baker and bottle shop located within walking distance of our caravan park.
If you stay in the warmer months, we have a salt water pool onsite. In the cooler months, enjoy a campfire with the children, roasting marshmallows over an open fire. With plenty of space to run around and play in the outdoors, parents will appreciate our open playground area where kids love to explore.
Warm showers, clean flushing toilets and an onsite camp kitchen are much easier for parents with younger children and means less messing around in makeshift camp showers and drop toilets. If camping is not really your thing, book a family-friendly cabin with supplied linen, air-conditioning, ensuites, laundries and kitchenettes.
We are also pet friendly so, please feel free to bring the family dog to make your stay even more enjoyable. For more information on our onsite facilities, please click here.
Crows Nest Caravan Park has a range of accommodation still available during the Carnival of Flowers weekend in September. Located just an hour from Toowoomba, we have a number of powered sites and cabins still available, however, they won’t last long!
Our cabins are perfect for families with children, with two bedroom family cottages and bungalows available for up to 6 guests. This style of accommodation includes air-conditioning, full kitchen, upright fridge, dining table, balcony and outdoor setting, TV and laundry.
We will be providing our guests with a chartered bus two and from Toowoomba on both the Saturday and Sunday of the carnival. There will be a small cost involved to use this bus service.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at our new café, ‘The Hidden Cocina’, a Latin American-inspired café with meals including Chuleta de Cordero (Grilled lamb cutlets with Chimichurri sauce), Halloumi a la Plancha (Grilled Halloumi served with an Iberian spicy sauce) or Burrito por la Mañana (Breakfast burrito, tortilla, brown rice, black beans, scrambled eggs, cheese, pico de gallo sauce and salsa verde). Children’s meals are also available. To view our menus, please click here.
Crows Nests Best Park Accommodation
Are you craving a relaxed and easy winter getaway to the country? Crows Nest Caravan Park is perfect for an easy weekend getaway to the country. Located just two hours from Brisbane and one hour from Toowoomba, you will not spend too much of your getaway travelling in the car.
Suitable for both couples or families, our cabins are fully serviced, each with a kitchenette, air conditioning and all linen supplied. We have 24 cabins available and a number of sleeping configurations, from a motel-style double cabin up to our two bedroom bungalow with ensuite. Please click here to view our range of cabin accommodation.
While camping is a great, fun activity for all ages, it may never seem like the ‘perfect time’ to introduce camping to your young families. We get it, taking your family camping for the first time can feel like a huge challenge, but it doesn’t have to be that way; with the right planning, your first time camping as a family can be a breeze, meaning you can spend more time enjoying yourself.
As the school term starts up once again after the Easter break, it’s hard to imagine that the next school holidays will be upon us again in no time. Many parents are already thinking about out how to keep themselves and their family occupied during the next school holiday break. Whether you’re looking for a change in climate, some time away from the city or just something a bit different, Crows Nest has got you covered with 7 kid friendly activities to convince you and your family to experience this beautiful region.
We were so impressed by the Park, we immediately booked it as the location for our second rally later this year!
The Crows Nest Tourist Park was transported back to the days of motoring glory recently when the Vintage Vehicle Touring Enthusiasts Association arrived for the first of two annual vehicle tours. Over 18 members enjoyed a relaxing weekend while showcasing their rare and magnificent vehicles.
Website powered by Working Websites